The Center for Leadership is looking for currently enrolled Cal Poly students to serve as peer mentors to students completing the Emerging Leadership Certificate. The Center for Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Peer Mentor Program promotes student development through peer-to-peer support. Peer mentors will have the opportunity gain leadership experience by guiding, supporting, and encouraging student mentees throughout the academic quarter.
Training and Time Commitment
- Attend the Emerging Leaders Peer Mentor Program orientation/training session (1-hour)
- Complete the Peer Mentor Program pre and post survey (1-hour)
- Actively engage in at least three communications with assigned mentee (3-5 hours)
Peer Mentor Eligibility Criteria
- Currently enrolled full-time Cal Poly student
- Students who have successfully completed at least three academic quarters at Cal Poly
- Students who have received at least one Leadership Certificate (Emerging Leaders, Social Change, Global Leadership) with the Center for Leadership
- Students who have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA and in good academic standing
Peer Mentors will be selected at the beginning of the fall, spring, and winter quarters and will be matched with a mentee based on background, goals, and interests.
We are looking for students interested in:
I am interested! How do I get started?
Coming soon we will have the sign up form - for now make sure to create your Community Connections portal through the career center sense this is the platform we will be using for matching you with a student mentee!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org