2. Mentors for Leadership Certificate Students
Alumni mentors are paired with students enrolled in our Emerging Leaders Series.
- Alumni participants:
- Alumni from any professional background are welcome!
- Mentors should be available for two meetings (about 30 min each via phone or video) over the course of the quarter.
- Alumni can apply to be a mentor at any point in the year. We match mentors with students in the leadership certificates at the beginning of Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters.
- Mentors can opt into mentoring each quarter depending on availability.
- Student participants:
- Students enrolled in the Emerging Leaders Series will be matched with a mentor at the beginning of the series.
- Students will practice relationship-building skills and engage in a dialogue about what leadership can look like. Alumni will share stories and advice and learn about the current Cal Poly student experience.